Author Topic: Polishing Alcoa Wheels  (Read 24134 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Polishing Alcoa WHEELS
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 08:40:56 PM »
So, while sitting in this very same RV park last year, a new friend came over to our new to us and "absolutely perfect" new Marquis.  He said hey let me show ya something.  He dug through his cleaning products and got some polish and a rag.  He walked over to our dually which was perfect right?  He wiped this stuff on in one small area of the wheel and about one minute wipped it off.  No more effort than that and it looked new.  Ok so it wasn't perfect before but my eyes were still full of new Marquis.  This fella managed to fix my eyesight.  He then tells me that he can no longer find this product (I have since lost the name).  We have spent the last year looking for his polish.
Every minute I spend out here polishing these really nasty old wheels on this old  Marquis I remember Mike.  I'm really gonna get that guy!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:43:49 PM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 12:44:03 AM »
Just a further heads up.  When using the White Diamond polish and a power ball, the cone wants to climb off the wheel onto the rubber tire.  This stuff leaves a bleach mark on tires so do the edge by hand.
Met a fella today who uses the Zephyr product and that also works very well.  I dont know if it bleaches the tire.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:55:27 AM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 03:30:17 AM »
Ed, looks a bit bleached.  See attached.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Dan n Lisa Lund

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 12:17:11 AM »
We went to Eloy, AZ yesterday afternoon and had our wheels polished at one of the three polish shops there. It was amazing! They had two guys doing it and we were only there about 30 minutes. All 6 wheels now have a beautiful mirror finish! I am super happy with the results. They use rouge and a high speed polisher. The best part is they only charged me 5 bucks per wheel. $30 bucks total and we were on our way! I will get some pictures sometime this week and post to show you how nice. It was well worth the trip from Chandler to Eloy to get this done. I will get this done every 6 months from now on.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:45:55 PM by Dan n Lisa Lund »

Edward Buker

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »
Keith,

That does look a bit bleached but you cannot be the first to have gotten some on the tire so if it was any real concern that would have surfaced with big cautions on the container....if it concerns you call the maker of the product and see what they have to say. Tires see a lot of exposure to many things on the road and I am sure that the manufacturers are formulating the materials to be as impervious as they can be.

Later Ed

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 02:40:25 PM »
      Hi Dan,

What is the name and address of the shop, I live in Tucson and it sounds like a smokin Deal.
         Regards Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Dan n Lisa Lund

Re: Polishing Alcoa Wheels
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 10:28:10 PM »
Hey Fred ... The shop we ended up at is called M&M Polishing at 518 Sunshine BLVD right across from the Pilot Truck stop in Eloy. The one I intended to go to is called Show Truck Polish at 526 Sunshine BLVD. I missed the Show Truck Place because it is in the same yard as a massage parlor and doesn't have a really big sign advertising the wheel polishing. Either place is the same price. I'll try and post some pictures.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Dan n Lisa Lund

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 10:55:09 PM »
Here are the pictures

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 11:17:02 PM »
You guys got me motivated so I broke out the unused Mother's Wheel for my drill/screwdriver and bought some Mother's Aluminum Wheel Polish.  The wheel, yes I said wheel because that's how long my motivation lasted,  1.5 hours and it is about 200% better and about 30% as good as it should be.  So...Does anyone know of polishing shop like Dan found?  Only in Central Florida?  Guess not.  Anyway another month and I might start on wheel #2.  Happy Camping!
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 01:56:17 AM »
Fred,
The Petro truck stop at the Sunland Gin Rd exit also has a polish service. Last time I was there it was $5/wheel. They are located just beyond the semi fuel pumps.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 08:42:01 AM »
You guys got me motivated so I broke out the unused Mother's Wheel for my drill/screwdriver and bought some Mother's Aluminum Wheel Polish.  The wheel, yes I said wheel because that's how long my motivation lasted,  1.5 hours and it is about 200% better and about 30% as good as it should be.  So...Does anyone know of polishing shop like Dan found?  Only in Central Florida?  Guess not.  Anyway another month and I might start on wheel #2.  Happy Camping!
Jerry
Jerry, Dans wheels look great and I would be happier for them had I not just worked so hard in 90 deg. heat getting ours looking nearly that good. LOL  Your mistake and mine a while back was the Mothers.  This time I used White Diamond but that is hard on sidewalls if it gets on them.  Zephyr was mentioned earlier in this thread and works very well too but I hear that it doesnt bleach the tire.  I havent used it myself so I cant say for sure.  All that said, had I the chance now I would have it done like Dan did but don't tell him I said that!  They sure look good!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:02:16 AM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2015, 03:08:16 PM »
       Thanks Dan and Steve,

The pictures look Great, Thanks for the address. Looks like I'm headed west to make my wheels Happy!
          Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 09:37:47 PM »
       Hi Guys,

Well thank you very much Dan, Took a cruise this morning up I-10 to Eloy. Stopped at M&M polishing as you suggested and had them polish my wheels. (I think they were original from the factory) Any way it took them 5 minutes each and cost me 5 bucks each. Awesome job! Best 20 dollars i've spent in a long time.
     BTW the Pilot across the street has diesel for 2.19 so I filled her up. Thanks again to Dan. enclosed are before and after pix
                         Regards Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett