Author Topic: Aladin tank monitoring  (Read 3712 times)

Dwight Wilson

• BAC Member
Aladin tank monitoring
« on: October 30, 2015, 05:26:05 PM »
Hi folks,
Cindy and I are finally on the road, currently in San Jose Ca and the tank monitor for all tanks (propane, Black, Grey, and Fresh suddenly started showing xxxxxxx on the Aladdin screen and is flashing at the 1/2 way mark on the LED display in the water control bay. Any thoughts on what needs to be checked or replaced? I did try re-setting the Aladdin switch but didn't help. All other functions of the Aladdin are fine. I drain every day or two anyway so not a big inconvenience but any suggestions are appreciated,
Thx, Dwight Wilson
Dwight Wilson
Calgary, Alberta
05 Patriot Thunder C13 Cat

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: Aladin tank monitoring
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 06:22:47 PM »
I would try to remove all power to the coach, wait like 10 minutes and then put power back on. Then try the Alladin again.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Kurt Schroeder

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 08:01:58 PM »
Dwight:

When I experienced a similar problem, research showed there are so many unreliable failure points in the Aladdin Tank Monitoring System that it would be long battle. Mine proved to be in the Aladin box which when I found one on E Bay for $300, it was used, no return. This does not even address the tank sensors which are also unreliable and hard to find. So instead I installed a SeeLevel system that attaches sensors to the outside of the tank. Take a look at it, it sells for around $200.

Kurt

Dwight Wilson

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 11:18:03 PM »
Well the power down, wait, power back up didn't work but thanks for the suggestion as I couldn't find the "control/alt/delete buttons"! Will start tracing it and will advise if I find a solution.
Dwight
Dwight Wilson
Calgary, Alberta
05 Patriot Thunder C13 Cat