Author Topic: Brighter Beaver Headlights  (Read 6036 times)

Bill Sprague

Brighter Beaver Headlights
« on: March 03, 2016, 03:11:23 AM »
Gordon Lang was talking to Roy Mueller about headlights.  Roy suggested Gordon call me about finding the video I shot of Roy upgrading my headlights.  I did a simple Google search for "Brighter Beaver Headlights" and surprised by going straight to it.

The second surprise is that Google reports 4,648 people have watched.  That's about 5 times more people than we have members!

The third surprise was all the other references in the Google search back to the BAC from forums like RV.net.  The BAC is famous!

Part 1:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmYyoILEhMY

Part 2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIXez9bQNY0

(The reason for two parts is that YouTube had a limit on length when I was a new YouTuber.  I have much higher limits now!)

The far more interesting video on how to replace a fuel pump in your AquaHot has never been very popular.  It has only 142 plays.  Maybe Webasto fuel pumps don't fail as often as we thought. 

Just in case some one needs it, you can find it here:  https://vimeo.com/67970941
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Rick and Laura Stephens, Keith Moffett

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
Re: Brighter Beaver Headlights
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 04:49:30 PM »
I did this and it worked exceedingly well. I know I account for watching it more than once! at least before I bought the parts , after I bought the parts and just before I did it. ( in my defense it was over 3 months!)
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 03:10:38 PM »
I've watched it at least twice, Bill. Both parts. I have never done the conversion, afraid that I will mess something up. It looks daunting. One of these days, when the sun isn't beating on that side of the coach, I will tackle it. Andprepare to drive with no lights until I get it right!  8)
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 04:04:47 PM »
Stan,
The headlight circuit conversion is very easy for the average "shade tree" mechanic to preform on a non-multiplex coach if you have a good meter and basic wiring tools. I can do one in ten minutes, so it should not take you much longer.

Gerald 

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 05:45:04 PM »
I did my lights a year ago and for some dumb reason it didn't work. I was frustrated and took the relays and wires back out.
A month later after watching the video a few more times I felt ready to tackle it once again!

This time it turned out fine. It even looks professionally done and that is amazing to me. Wow, what a major difference it made.

I try to NOT drive at night at all. Way too many construction areas and those damn orange cones and concrete barricades confuse me at night, during the day they are bad enough!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl