Author Topic: Rear engine diagnostic socket location  (Read 3817 times)

Robert Schaufele

Rear engine diagnostic socket location
« on: March 17, 2016, 02:17:00 AM »
Can anyone help me to locate rear engine diagnostic socket? I know that there is one front diagnostic socket in dash front of steering wheel.  Reason for this is to verify that rear socket and front socket match.  I was told that front socket are mispinned!  Oh boy!

Robert Schaufele
2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13 (525)

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
Re: Rear engine diagnostic socket location
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 03:50:30 AM »
Robert, the problem there is a data link connector in front that will also read the Allison
Transmission along with readout of engine and yes data link connector is wired different
using same diagnostic port. Location for data link connector in rear if not mounted in
back than many times zip tied to wiring harness for engine sensors. If you cannot locate
rear data link connector than the front connector is a duel type connector both for trans.
and engine readout.  Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 02:41:39 PM »
With my 06 PT the rear data port is mounted to a bracket just to the right of the engine and to the left of the rear run box. I believe the rear data port is for the Cat C13 only the one in the top of the dash includes the Allison.
When I had the trans reprogramed the tech at Detroit Allison/Kenworth connected to the rear port first and said that was the engine only so we went to the dash data port.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 02:45:58 PM »
Not the same model, but on my Beaver, the socket is on the wall just left of the two battery shut off switches, in the battery bay.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad