Author Topic: KingDome In-Motion can not lock on to Satellites  (Read 5034 times)

Mike Groves

KingDome In-Motion can not lock on to Satellites
« on: June 07, 2016, 01:23:50 AM »
All,

Since going fulltime Margaret and I have returned to using our KingDome In-Motion dish (Trac King 9762).  We noticed that the system will not lock onto a satellite, rather it detects a signal and simply remains in the Lock Verify.

I contacted KingDome and the response is copied here -

"I’m sorry to say that but there are going to be issue with the system. What has happen is EchoStar, the owner of the Dish network satellite and others, made some formatting changes to their signal. That has effected everyone in the market, KVH, Winegard and us.

This system will not be able to ID those satellites now that, that has change. It will not work correctly and just keep saying Lock Verify.

There is no update or anything we can do to fix this. The only recourse is to get a whole new system that not affected by these changes. I recommend the stationary unit, King Tailgater for a discounted price of $304, if you buy this directly from us. If you want in motion there is the KD3000. That will be slower and nosier then your current system. Also you would have to run new wiring as it requires 12v DC."

Who among you is also using this system and Dish Network and having a similar issue? 

Thanks,
Mike

Dale Walker

Re: KingDome In-Motion can not lock on to Satellites
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 03:58:34 AM »
Would not the simple fix be to just switch to Directv?

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 04:54:23 AM »
http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,5599.msg41858.html#msg41858

Also, if you do a search, then you should find a thread I started last Fall... as mentioned in the above link if and when you read it.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Mike Groves

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 04:52:21 PM »
Thanks you two.  I couldn't make the decision about Directv without first validating the problem.  So, I've read the thread and now we know what we need to do. 

Thanks you two!

Mike