Author Topic: Fresh Water sensor location  (Read 2744 times)

Tic Wilson

Fresh Water sensor location
« on: June 27, 2016, 04:20:05 PM »
I went to check the aladdin for fresh water and it was reading 120%.  Not sure how one can put in that much water, but if someone can tell me where the sensor is located, I can check the connection.  This is not a big deal, because my fresh water tank is readily visible.  2004/2005 Monterey.  Thanks!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Fresh Water sensor location
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 07:10:15 PM »
Tic, your sensor is probably a Catcon threaded near the bottom of the tank wall nearest center-coach, or perhaps a side wall.  I hear it can be no picnic to get to, but then I've never tried - on our era coaches it may be no problem.  Catcons use telephone-type wires/connectors, and it may have come askew or become dirt-fouled.  Just use proper safety measures to support the coach before crawling underneath.

Also check the club's Coach Assist section here where there are 3 documents related to Aladdin.  One for trouble-shooting is not in alphabetical order like it should be, so scroll down a ways to locate it, and check page 18.
Home tab at top of this page > Private BAC Members Only > Link to Coach Assist: Owners and Equipment Manuals > click on the link in Tim's message.

I've had my other tanks read more than 100% because they have no overflow valve, and can have excess fluid weight in piping above.  Catcons work by sending electric current that's relevant to the pressure of the weight of fluid above them to the Aladdin module.  The water tank has an overflow valve that should prevent the backup of water beyond the full tank calibration.  Even if it were blocked somehow, you likely couldn't get 20% more in via piping.  So check the connections at the tank and modules, and consider going through the recalibration procedure.  Worse case scenario is the Catcon needs replacement;  BCS did my black tank last fall and it seemed like a simple-enough procedure - I think they just unscrew from the tank body;  but water tank sensors aren't exposed to fouling, so I'd not expect changeout to be a common necessity there.

-Joel

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:15:01 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat