Author Topic: Air cond service  (Read 4514 times)

Roy Lewis

Air cond service
« on: August 14, 2016, 02:37:31 AM »
Hi Folks, we have a 2002 Marquis Tourmaline 40 with basment air. I have replaced air filter with how to advice from forum and now my question is, Do you have to rinse fins at end of intake tubes and if so  How?

Roy Lewis

Re: Air cond service
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 05:36:31 PM »
After I replaced filter we had much better airflow, prev owner crammed a 20x20 in a spot thatvwas made fir a 18x20 and it was plugged solid with dust dirt and well just dirty.  Looking up tubes on side of coach fins look dusty so thats why the question.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 06:35:21 PM »
Roy,
Clean fins will improve heat dissipation. Not sure of your setup but compressed air may work to rid them of dust.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Roy Lewis

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 07:11:03 PM »
Thank you

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 08:13:10 PM »
Roy
Gerald Ferris seems to be the resident expert on basement air.  I dont believe a light rinse from the outside will hurt anything but I would confirm that before trying.  Sure dont want to short that circut board nomatter how unlikely it is.
Air may force dirt further into the fins where water on a gentle spray would perhaps soak it out gently.
Excellent question,
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Roy Lewis

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 12:03:31 AM »
Thank you. I appreciate everyones help, we love our Beaver and all you folks make it even better

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 03:20:53 AM »
Roy,
You can rinse the condenser coil from out side the coach, but be careful not to bend the fins with too much water pressure, and also be careful not to spray water on the rear outside corner of the A/C unit where the circuit board is located.

The evaporator coil can only be reached through the access door in the basement wall, but it would be very difficult to wash that coil without doing more harm than good. However, if your filter is installed in the coach floor behind the grill at the end of the kitchen counter, it would be a good idea to at least check that coil because if the area that the A/C unit sets in is not completely sealed, and many are not, that coil may be very dirty. If so you can use a fin comb for excess material and coil cleaner with low pressure spray. The water will drain out under the coach through the exhaust air port if the water flow is not too high.

My preference is to install an 18 by 36 filter directly to the evaporator coil side of the A/C unit if it does not have a return air duct, and in that case the filter is in the duct itself and changed from outside the coach.

Gerald