Author Topic: Time for new tires  (Read 5224 times)

Orman Claxton

Time for new tires
« on: September 08, 2016, 05:01:44 PM »
I am looking for a Michelin tire dealer in Montana.
Has anyone purchase there?
How was your experience using the FMCA program?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Rick Daniels

• BAC Member
Re: Time for new tires
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:03:39 PM »
Whalen Tire in Belgrade on Jackrabbit is a Michelin dealer and is familiar with the FMCA/Michelen tire program.  I priced them there and decided to go to Tire Factory and get Hancooks instead and am very happy and have more money left over for diesel.
1999 Beaver Marquis Jasper 40' Cat C-12
2020 Chev 1500 High Country
Three Forks, Montana
"Where the Missouri River Begins"

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 10:43:18 PM »
Certain Michellin stores are corporate or different in some fashion than average.  Last info I had was that the FMCA Michellin program required that you go to one of these stores.  The Dalls was closest to us.
I didnt use them and so dont remember more but suggest you look into the dealers claim to verify their connection to the program.
I looked into the savings for Michellins and then bought Toyo and paid Wa. Taxes and still saved a big chunk plus fuel to get there.  Ours came with Toyo from the factory.

We just came from Montana.  Sorry to have missed you!
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bryan Schmidt

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 05:03:20 AM »
I had zero problems using the FMCA Michelin tire referral and discount to replace the Goodyears that came stock on the Monterey.

I looked up the nearest Michelin dealer with the FMCA referral program, (my local Michelin dealer only handled car tires), contacted the dealer directly, made the order over the phone based on receiving 6 new Michelins that were no more than 4 months old from date of manufacture (date stamp on tires).  Dealer called in 8 days saying all 6 tires were in stock and ready for install.  6 tires were professionally installed within 1.5 hrs and I was back in the road heading home.  No fuss and all 6 tire stamps were no more than 3 or 4 months old.   I've wasted more time waiting for the goober cable guy to show up on time.   

Could I have saved some $$ going with Toyo or other Mfg?   Maybe, but I can say for certain that the Michelins made a noticeable improvement in drivability and handling of our short wheelbase Monterey over the orig stock Goodyears, so we still are content with the purchase.
2005 Montrery 36' Ventura IV
Cat C9
Towing a Pathfinder
Navigated by 2 cats