Author Topic: RVA jack  (Read 4098 times)

Doug Neal

RVA jack
« on: September 09, 2016, 01:19:22 AM »
I have RVA jacks and the front one only retracts about 5-6 inches. I can make it retract more by airing the coach to ride height, blocking under the jack and dumping the air. If I repeat this several times adding blocks each cycle it will fully retract. I don't think it is bent as I haven't had the coach in any sort of strain. Is it possible that there could be a check valve malfunction. Are these jacks rebiuldable at a hydraulic shop?

James Sagerser

Re: RVA jack
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 03:28:44 PM »
Hi Doug,

I had a leaking front RVA Jack a year ago.  I winter in Chandler, AZ so took it to
Innovia Industrial, 208 S McKemy Ave. Chandler, AZ 85226.  Their phone number is 602-616-4620 or think a cell number is 480-966-6090.  They said they have a way of replacing the seal without cutting it apart.  I believe they said they use heat or some like process.  He said if unsuccessful, they can make a whole new jack as they are the biggest build and repair place west of the Mississippi.  They did replace the seal for $280 the next day and it's worked flawlessly since.  I would first check that you still have both springs attached to your jack that actually do the retracting.  Next, try pushing on the jack by hand to retract.  If you can do that, you probably have a weak set of springs.  Hope this helps.  JIm

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 06:44:47 AM »
Doug,
The condition that you described is caused by a bent jack shaft 90% to 95% of the time. To verify that the problem is in the jack instead of a restricted release valve, just loosen the jack hose when it stops retracting, and if it completely retracts when you loosen the hose, you have a valve problem. 

Gerald

Tic Wilson

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 12:38:39 AM »
This is a good starting place.  http://www.rvajacks.com/troubleshooting.php?ts_jackr=retract
You can also try to speak to them directly, but you may have to call and leave a message several times before they respond.