Author Topic: Slide control issue  (Read 5341 times)

Larry Haynes

Slide control issue
« on: November 24, 2016, 11:59:28 PM »
On this trip we started having issues with the slide buttons not working on either extending/retracting the slides. 

At first, pushing the button once or twice before the slide would respond.  Noticed on passenger side slide first and now appears on the bedroom slide also.   Today the bedroom slide would not respond after multiple tries to retract until I moved another slide first, then all was okay.  This had gotten worse every day and worry that eventually they will get stuck.

It acts like a solenoid isn't working, like a poor starter circuit. Does this control go through the multiplex units.  I don't see a circuit but then I don't have a wiring diagram for this coach.  Where is the hydraulic pump etc, behind the generator?

Appreciate any advice.
We are in AR headed to Texas.  maybe Iron Horse RV repair?

Larry

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Slide control issue
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 03:42:11 AM »
I'm not sure about your model, but our pump, solenoid manifold, and tank are up front underneath near the entry step, and your symptoms would lead me to check the tank fluid level first.

-Joel

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:37:17 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Larry Haynes

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 01:51:24 PM »
thank you, will check fluid levels.  I believe that all my slides are hydraulic as hear the same sounds from the pump assembly for all slides and the generator slide.  I wasn't clear also, suffering turkey overload?

When I push the buttons on the control panels I seem to hear some interlocks click but the pump doesn't run.  Not until several attempts will the pump run and slides move.  Once moving the slides are smooth running in/out. 

Thanks for your advice.
Larry

Dick Simonis

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 02:32:22 PM »
This might be a long shot but easy to try.  The hydraulic pump takes a lot of juice to run and if the chassis batteries are a bit weak all you will get is clicking.  I found this out a couple of month ago when I was investigating a jack issue.  Easy to check just hit the parallel switch and see if the slides work better.   I noticed it when the dash voltmeter dropped to 9 volts during pump operation.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 03:00:06 PM »
Larry,
If all of your slides are hydraulic, I would check the pump motor solenoid. It should be located at the pump. I believe that your coach has two pumps, one for the hydraulic leveling jacks and one for the slides, so be sure that you are checking the right one. That sounds like the common denominator in your symptoms.

Gerald

Harold and Gloria Skipworth

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »
Had similar problems with a bedroom slide.  HWH found a loose nut at the stacked common connector for the ground terminal and low voltage caused by corrosion at the main 12 VDC cable at the pump manifold.

Greg Kamper

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 06:06:51 PM »
I had a problem with my bedroom slide not working because the chain on the electric motor was loose and the chain wrapped around the sprocket so the motor would not turn. Once I adjusted and tightened everything up it worked like a charm.