Author Topic: abs module  (Read 3821 times)

James Murphy

abs module
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:05:28 PM »
I own a beaver 2000, magnum chassis, 330 cat, allison trans. patriot model. Was told that abs module not communicating. Has anyone had a simular problem? what can i expect to pay? any input appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:25:43 AM by 14 »

Bill Sprague

Re: abs module
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 06:00:32 AM »
Mine was unplugged.  I crawled under by the rear axle, found the wire and plugged it back in.  I hope you can be that lucky.

marty christensen

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 03:12:12 PM »
Bill, where are these ABS wires and plugs.  I just had my chassis greased and now getting the coach home my ABS and ATS dash lights have come on and will not go off.  Maybe my fix is that simple.

Marty
08 Contessa C9

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »
Quote from: marty christensen
Bill, where are these ABS wires and plugs.  I just had my chassis greased and now getting the coach home my ABS and ATS dash lights have come on and will not go off.  Maybe my fix is that simple.

Marty
08 Contessa C9
On my Monterey there is a wire that comes out of the brake/wheel assembly forward of the axle.  It is about the size of lamp cord.  It is a few feet long.  Beaver took up extra length by wrapping it around what I think is called the trailing arm.  The result is that the connector ended up at the top of that arm where it is almost impossible to reach.  I've plugged it back in three times.  When I got new tires I asked them to reroute the wire so that it is now less likely to disconnect and easier to get at if it does.