Author Topic: Aladdin Monitor is blank  (Read 4548 times)

Jerald Cate

Aladdin Monitor is blank
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:29:51 PM »
My monitor on the Alpine radio for the Aladdin System has gone blank.  Preparing for a trip I started the engine a couple of times and everything worked fine but when I got ready to go the monitor was blank.  I have no engine data, chassis data or backup monitor.  The radio has power and works and I have power to the Aladdin controller.  I haven't found the 7.5 amp fuse for the radio but since it is working okay (other than the monitor portion) I figure that's not an issue unless there is a separate fuse just for the monitor that I don't know about.

I've read about a fluorescent tube that sometimes goes out in the monitor and suspect this may be the problem.  Has anyone ever replaced this item before?  If so could I get some details on how to remove the radio from the dash, how to access the fluorescent tube, and maybe a part number for the tube?

I would appreciate any help.

Bruce Cate

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Aladdin Monitor is blank
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 11:32:48 PM »
This happened to ours recently except that it was a blue screen.  Nothing I could do with the controller had any effect.  I shut the Aladden down and stowed the screen. Started the engine no Aladdin.  Shut down, left the key ON and started the Aladdin.  It came up with full function.

Hope this helps.
I am looking forward to going to Silverleaf.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Jerald Cate

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 02:52:42 AM »
Thanks Keith, I'll give that sequence a try.  I have powered off the coach and chassis with the battery disconnects and tried the reset switches (several times) for the Aladdin and Alpine units with no luck.

Leon Scroggins

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 05:34:43 PM »
Did you look above the driver side window in the cabinet for the rest switch?  My 05 Monterey had the same issue after a GFI Plug fault occurred in storage. Hit the switch and the screen returned.

Jerald Cate

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 08:35:46 PM »
Thanks Leon, I've tried the reset switches to no avail.  I've recently determined my Aladdin system and backup camera are working by connecting the video to my television.  I'm sure my problem is in the Alpine monitor and I would bet the fluorescent tube has gone bad in the monitor.  I've located a repair service for the Alpine radio but it's in the UK.  I've emailed the contact over there and he estimates about $200 for repair and shipping (both ways).

I've about convinced myself to abandon the Alpine monitor and install a couple of 9" video displays above the driver seat so I can have one for full-time rear view camera and the other for Aladdin coach and engine data.  I'm currently assembling all the parts to get this project started.

Thanks again for your input.

Bruce Cate

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 11:13:16 AM »
Jerald
Contact Silverleaf.  I believe they have a ready to go system to replace yours.  At any rate keep us updated on your progress.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!