Author Topic: Smart Wheel - Aladdin reporting - Monaco Support  (Read 4493 times)

Lorne Brown

Smart Wheel - Aladdin reporting - Monaco Support
« on: April 17, 2017, 08:22:50 PM »
Currently we have no air horn. I have been told there could be a fuse or breaker in the Smart Wheel controller. I have looked for the controller w/o success, would appreciate any suggestions. All other items in the Smart Wheel do work.

Aladdin is in the subject line as well, due to a problem I have with my Compass-Temperature module. It was located in behind the service bay, accessed by opening the small door in the service bay panel. Originally it appeared it was Velcro attached up above in proximity to the water filters or that general area. Over time the Velcro released and it dropped down and became wedged in near the antifreeze  tank. I have tried 3 different times to relocate it to where it would function, (I can't see or tell exactly where it was originally). I have read the instructions on it and complied with those, arrow points fwd, this side up etc.
The last time, I was sure I had it away from the frame rail and oriented correctly only to get  Code 10 on the calibration attempt. Anyone have any idea what code 10 might mean?

One final comment/question. Now that the call in for support for Monaco has been moved to the support staff at American Coach, who are Monaco coach owners finding, if anyone, to fill that void?   
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:41:49 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »

Joe Rhea

Re: Smart Wheel - Aladdin reporting - Monaco Support
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 12:47:59 AM »
Lorne:
Have you checked the solinod valve for the air horn?

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 01:57:34 AM »
I replaced the air-horn solenoid last year when the air horn would not work.  Because the step-close cover was working well, I knew it was not an air pressure issue.  My multi-tester showed the air horn solenoid was getting the signal when the Smart Wheel horn "button" was pushed.  In my case I found the two solenoids located in the outside electrical bay under the pilot's seat.  An incoming single air line goes to a "T" and off the "T" one line feeds the air-horn solenoid, the other line feeds the step-close solenoid.  I found and ordered the replacement solenoid from Amazon.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 04:18:02 AM »
Lorne, our temp/compass module is "isolated" in its own frame as shown in the pix.  Code 10 means "Severe magnetic field right or left of TCM (Hex min limit)".  TCM is Temperature Compass Module.  Don't ask me what Hex means, but you can find more info at the Coach Assist: Owners and Equipment Manuals section via the Private BAC Members Only area.  Once there, look up the Aladdin Troubleshooting document that may help out here, by scrolling down to the TCM calibration part.

In the future, you may fare better by posting questions individually rather than all in one;  each question then gets more noticed and attention.

-Joel
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:25:25 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Lorne Brown

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 05:28:30 PM »
Thanks for the responses. The most important issue was the air horn, which turned out to be a loose connection. Appreciate all the help.