Author Topic: Alladin with no AC present display  (Read 13914 times)

Tom and Pat Fudale

Re: Alladin with no AC present display
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 09:04:25 PM »
Ed,                                                                                                                                                                                 I finally decided to take the cover off the ATSM and have a look inside and found that it was corroded, I had found some water in the compartment a while ago from possibly the wheel well. All those modules a located on the wall opposite the wheel well that needed to be caulked, some water must have entered the module. Ordered a new module from Monoco,installed it and it is working as it is supposed too. Should have a little more curious a long time ago. Thanks for all the help.

Edward Buker

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 01:11:33 AM »
Tom,

Congratulations on the fix. I'm sure you are happy to have this behind you and have it all working again.

Sometimes you can recover a corroded board by carefully scrubbing away the corrosion with a red scotchbrite pad and  spraying some electrical cleaner spray that you can get at an automotive shop. If a single land pattern is corroded open you can sometimes bridge them with solder and wire braid. If the water and corrosion caused a short it may be beyond repair, if it caused an open then there is a chance.

Glad I could help....always learning something new.....

Later Ed

Bill Sprague

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 05:45:17 PM »
[quote author=]....I had found some water in the compartment a while ago from possibly the wheel well. All those modules a located on the wall opposite the wheel well that needed to be caulked, some water must have entered the module...[/quote]I had to have the same module replaced.  Every time I drove in the rain, there was some water in the waste tank bay.  I could see mud streaks on the bulkhead that the module was mounted on. There was also dirty water marks on the floor in that bay.  It seems to have been spinning off the tire at freeway speeds.  

I tried a couple times to seal it unsuccessfully.  First I used foam from a can inside on the seam above the module.  Another time I bought undercoat and tried to coat the inside of the wheel well.  On the last try I actually found the gap with a putty knife.  Holding the knife on the ceiling of the wheel well I could slide it forward into the tank bay.  The gap was about 1/32 inch.  I filled the gap with silicone and it is now dry in the tank bay.

As a stop gap to prevent the water from attacking the second module I built an ugly tent over it with duct tape!  It kept the module dry until I finally found the leak!  The "tent" remains in case the seal opens up without me knowing it.

Tom and Pat Fudale

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 01:58:34 PM »

I also caulked all the seams and also added 2 inch spacers to keep the modules away from the wheel well. Added rubber "awnings" over each module to help keep any water from entering them. I hope this works, it's just another case of bad design by the manufacture that we have to correct.