Author Topic: Aqua Hot Low Tank-Level Cutoff light on  (Read 5025 times)

Bill Staley

Aqua Hot Low Tank-Level Cutoff light on
« on: July 09, 2017, 04:18:42 PM »
This is my week-end for issues to appear.  The Aqua Hot Low Tank-Level Cutoff light is on.  I pressed the reset and it does not clear the problem.

The manual says that this indicates the antifreeze level is low.  However, there is adequate fluid in the overflow tank.  I can't find sensors anywhere that measure the level.  Anyone have an idea where I should look for these sensors?  Or, what else to look for?  Would like to avoid having a service call.

Gerald Farris

Re: Aqua Hot Low Tank-Level Cutoff light on
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:42:38 PM »
Bill,
The first thing for you to check is the fluid level in your boiler chamber by removing the Aqua Hot fill cap (radiator cap). If you overflow tank is mounted below the top of your boiler chamber, and there is a slight air leak at the boiler chamber fill cap, your overflow tank can be full and your boiler chamber low on fluid.

If the boiler chamber is full and you have a low fluid cutoff, you need to replace the level sensor. The sensor location and replacing instructions are in the service manual for your model unit that is available on the Aqua Hot website. If you need to get the unit running while you are waiting on a new sensor, just bypass the sensor, but only as a very temporary measure.

Gerald   

Bill Staley

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 08:41:13 PM »
Thanks Gerald!  There must be a leak at the cap.  I added fluid to the boiler tank and all is working as it should.  Now I need to find the air leak.  All the fittings seem to be good and the cap seems to fit good.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 03:08:04 AM »
Bill,
You neither have a bad cap or a hole/loose connection in the hose that connects the overflow tank to the Aqua Hot.

Gerald