Author Topic: Lav door latch mfr?  (Read 1813 times)

Lawrence Tarnoff

Lav door latch mfr?
« on: August 06, 2017, 09:41:27 PM »
Anyone know the manufacturer of this lavatory door latch (see pix) -- or a source for a comparable replacement.  There are no markings.  The tongue that secures the door closed no longer grasps and holds to the receiver affixed to the door frame.

I tried to take a peek inside but discovered that a previous owner decided not to use the set screws on the handles and permanently (and I mean PERMANENTLY) secured them.  I can't see the workings without removing the handles, but don't want to get out my angle grinder until I have replacement in hand.

Based on the backer plates you'll see in the pix, it also appears to me that this may be a replacement latch.  Note the tiny screw holes at the top and bottom of the receiver plate.

Thanks! 

Rick Daniels

• BAC Member
Re: Lav door latch mfr?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 10:59:27 PM »
yours is identical to mine and there is no evidence mine is a replacement.  The tiny holes could be from the attachment of a template used to guide the router to cut out the recess behind the striker plate.  I have used such a template on regular household doors.  Usually attached to the door frame by small brads.  Looked for a mfgr name, found none.
1999 Beaver Marquis Jasper 40' Cat C-12
2020 Chev 1500 High Country
Three Forks, Montana
"Where the Missouri River Begins"