Author Topic: Slide leaks fix?  (Read 3875 times)

Bill Staley

Slide leaks fix?
« on: August 09, 2017, 01:27:03 PM »
I have a couple of small slide leaks that I am chasing.  Have a roll of Eternabond but wondered if anyone has every tried FlexSeal?

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Slide leaks fix?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 03:54:55 AM »
Can you better describe the leaks?
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bill Staley

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 01:04:53 PM »
The street side bedroom slide leak shows up on the floor alongside the closet.  I am making the assumption that it must be coming from the top of the slide somehow.  I've put sealant on the rivets and any seams that look like they might leak.  So far no success.  The seals seem to be snug along the sides.  If I have the slide in when it rains, no leak.

The other leak is in the street side living room slide.  This one only occurs if I have the awning out when it rains.  If the awning is in, no leak.  I know, leave the awning in.   ::)

This coach came from Arizona where I'm sure the owner didn't have the rain issues we have in Tennessee.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 11:21:13 AM »
Bill, we had a similar leak in the bdr. slide street side in our 02 Marquis.  We took it to BCS for new seals but they just did an over all adjustment so that all the seals lined up right on the sides of the slide and no more leak.  This required two hrs in shop and a spacer.
The awning on the street side LR slide?  Is this a window awning or a topper?  If a window awning then check attachment bolts and over the top of the awning box for proper sealant because it sounds like water is getting into the awning box.
Perhaps someone else can offer a different view as well.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bill Staley

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »
The awning for the LR slide is the Omega topper.  Is the topper and the awning all in one.

Ron Baisley

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 06:04:22 AM »
I had a similar leak on drivers side front slide,for a couple of years. Finally I found the source of the leak. I 1st brought the slide in about 1/2of the way. 2nd I removed the topper. 3rd I cut off (careful not to destroy,it can be replied on) the "D-seal"-rubber gasket that's attached to the top of the outside wall. 4th cut off and remove all the caulking where the top of the slide and the outer wall meet. 5th I went to hardware store a bought a 6" wide roll of "water proof membrane used in home construction to put around new windows and doors. I cut a piece long enough to cover the length of the slide,peeled the paper backing of and carefully folded the membrane from the top of the outside wall and then down and on to the roof of the slide. If you get a wrinkle in the membrane I recommend a small bead of silicon along the edge of the membrane. Put the topper back on and your good to go. Should take about an hour to complete the job. Good luck 🍀 Ron

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 02:37:41 PM »
The awning for the LR slide is the Omega topper.  Is the topper and the awning all in one.

You will need to look at it, but if its the Omega II, I believe it's the topper and awning, all in one. If it looks like mine (pictured) it is an Omega II.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad