Author Topic: Ahead week of Quartzsite BAC Rally and open on date.  (Read 5448 times)

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
Ahead week of Quartzsite BAC Rally and open on date.
« on: August 25, 2017, 01:18:33 AM »
Dave's Diesel has a complete Caterpillar C-9 engine that will be used for hands on training
for BAC membership attending this rally in the desert. The heui system models engine starts
At the caterpillar 3126 A, B, and E engines than Caterpillar C-7 and C-9. Hands on understanding,
Changing injectors and problems of lack of understanding high dollar repairs. Remove and
replace Cat heui injection pump.engine speed sensors buried behind the heui pump, turbo
charger remove and install ( where problems can happen ). Understanding engine oil flow from
Oil pan to unit injectors. Sensors, regulators wiring connections to Engine ECM, see in use
The Caterpillar test break out box for starting engines dead in the water. Oil cooler check valves.
Exhaust PAC Brake. This class will be taught by Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic and
Master Tech at no cost to membership at place of business in Quartzite. Seeing and removing
parts to give motorhome owners big understanding money that be saved for our do it yourself
Members made simple. Class will be held outdoors and would like to get a head count down
The road. Jim Nichols will assist Dave in removing components
The following users thanked this post: Jim Murray, Jim Nichols

Bart Mix

Re: Ahead week of Quartzsite BAC Rally and open on date.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 02:19:41 PM »
Dave - sounds like a great idea! Looking forward to talking with you again at Quartzite in 2018. Have the dates been posted somewhere as I have yet to see them?
Thanks!
Bart from VA
03 Beaver
The following users thanked this post: Greg Ross

Steve Funk

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 03:57:28 PM »
Dave, what a great resource to provide.  Thanks for putting this together. I for one would benefit greatly from an opportunity like this.  Looking forward to the details as we get closer to Q 2018.

Thanks

Steve

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 04:15:58 PM »
Bart,
The Quartzsite Rally is in the latest edition of Beaver Tales, and registration is now open. It starts on Tuesday 1/16/2018, and ends the morning of Saturday 1/20/2018. My wife and I will be the Rallymasters.

Gerald

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 04:19:52 PM »
Thanks Dave a great idea how about ya bring a C13
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 04:59:09 PM »
Gerald, thanks for the rally date. If you would like can set date for class durning Rally or
we can set date before or after Rally. At present checking if interest with members would be
something they would like to attend while in Quartzsite. Thanks Dave

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 01:26:03 AM »
Dave,
The Mechanic's Roundtable is scheduled for Wednesday the 17th at 10AM, and I would like for you to participate if possible. After breakfast on the 18th, is a free day in the rally schedule for people to go into Quartzsite for the day. There is also an opening in the schedule after breakfast from 10 to 11:30 on Friday the 19th. The rally schedule is not set in stone yet, so if you would like to discuss or coordinate anything with the rally, please call or email me.

Gerald 

Rodney Luker

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 06:17:05 AM »
I would like to attend the c9 work shop as our 2005 is powered by one & I like to & have done the maintenance on myself so far.

Bart Mix

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 12:29:29 PM »
Gerald -
"Hey Thanks!" I am working away from home & just haven't pulled up the newsletter. We attended last year & look forward to attending again this coming year. Thanks for the dates & reminder to register!
Bart & Rachel Mix
From VA

Doug Allman

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »
Dave, I will definitely be there and can help if you need any moving in or out or whatever. Will be around prior to the rally beginning and after. It is a great learning tool.

Bill Brown

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 02:01:24 AM »
Doug,

We are powered by a Cummins engine.  Curious how much of your presentation might pertain to other or all diesels, or is it just CAT orientated? 

Thanks,

Bill Brown
now driving a Cummins ISC 350

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 03:42:53 PM »
Bill, the class is around the Caterpillar engine as most Beaver have. However having Cummins
ISC engine is not a problem because I can provide all technical information along with all engine
Fault codes. Have for all BAC members that have Cummins engine Diagnostic Computer OEM
(Cummins Insite). Diagnostic engine readout and printout will be available at this rally which may
be of interest. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Bill Brown

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Will hope to see you at the Rally.

Bill

Larry Azus

• BAC Member
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 02:27:12 AM »
Hi Dave - That would be great - I really appreciate the offer. I would definitely be interested in attending while in Quartzsite!

Thanks,
Larry
Larry & Pat
2006 Beaver Monterey Pacifica IV
Cat C9 (400HP)
2013 Honda CRV