Author Topic: Low fuel  (Read 3229 times)

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
Low fuel
« on: September 14, 2017, 03:51:53 AM »
Hello Oldies & Newbies:  We have been RVing since 1990. We purchased our 2006 Monteray July of 2015. It seams all the owners manuals mentions that the generator intake fuel is raised so that you will not run the coach completely out of fuel (good idea). While driving with the gen set on to power the A/C's we pulled into the camp ground to register, we both got out, when entering coach we both thought that the other one of us turn off the A/C's & gen, not so.  When we hook up to power found out that the coolers started up.   Come shower time, no hot water from the Aqua hot.  The Aladdin showed 89 gallons used & 650 miles.  You folks with a Monteray with 109 gallon fuel tank, that's about the limit.  We had a 25 mile drive to home & full service. After fueling both the gen and Aqua hot started with no problem, A good lesson learned
2006 Beaver Monterey Montclair IV
Chassis: Magnum
Engine: C-9-400
Dale Soule'

Lee Welbanks

Re: Low fuel
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
Most of the time I don't let the fuel get much below 1/2 a tank, 150 gal tank half is 75 but how much can you get out of the tank without running out. One never knows what they will run into down the road so I keep the tank pretty full just in case. Ran this thing out of fuel at the cat dealer after changing fuel filters and they had a real hard time getting it started again and that was because the water separator filter sucked air. I can just imagine if you had 40' of fuel line with air in it would do. Don't want to go down that road.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Low fuel
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »
I try to never go much past 1/2 but on occasion run to 1/4, if I know I am going to stop for fuel. The stand pipes prevent the Aqua Hot/Gen from running below the 1/4 mark and they can also be hard to start.

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13