Author Topic: Hydraulic hose going to slide on passenger side leaaking fluid.  (Read 2447 times)

William Harmon

Hydraulic hose going to slide on passenger side leaaking fluid.
« on: November 30, 2017, 07:47:35 PM »
 I currently have a local RV Mechanic trying to figure out a way to replace a hydraulic line going to the left (passenger) slide.  He tells me the floor is sealed and don't know if the current line will pull out with a new line attached.  I did not want him to cut a hole in the floor but need to replace line due to a leak.  This line is associated with the levelers and appears to be the only line leaking.  Levers seem to be working fine.  I cannot get under coach due to 2 recent back surgeries.
Thanks in advance,
William Bryant Harmon

2003 Beaver Contessa
                  ISL Cummings 370mhp
                  3 slides

Gerald Farris

Re: Hydraulic hose going to slide on passenger side leaaking fluid.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:05:00 PM »
William,
I have never seen a hydraulic hose on a Beaver that you could pull out and pull a new hose in place with it. The hydraulic hoses are tie wrapped into a bundle that includes the electrical wiring and sometimes water lines. The best way to replace a hydraulic hose is to just cap it and leave it in place, then run the new hose a different route where you have enough access to secure it in place to prevent it from rubbing on a sharp edge.

Gerald 

William Harmon

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 02:59:38 AM »
Thanks Gerald for the response.  Since the floor is sealed, how would you route a new hydraulic line without drilling an entry hole to get to the slide   hydraulic connection?  William

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 03:49:14 AM »
William,
I am not looking at your coach, but since you are talking about the hose going through the coach floor, I assume that the hose terminates inside the coach. If so, the hose is usually sealed with foam, so you can usually get to the location below the floor to cut out the foam and pull the old hose below the floor and run the new hose back through the same hole. As for drilling another hole, since the area that the hose needs to fit into is very limited, that is probably not a good option, but if there is enough room and you can not get to the old hose below the floor, why not? To give you a definite answer, I would have to be looking at your coach.

Gerald

William Harmon

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 02:37:20 AM »
Gerald, things are looking up.  With the passenger slide open, the hydraulic connection is visible and a new hose can be rerouted to the connector.  Thanks very much for your expertise.
William