Author Topic: Splendide 2100 - two blink code  (Read 2324 times)

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Splendide 2100 - two blink code
« on: December 27, 2017, 01:53:08 AM »
Before the weekend the washer/dryer stopped working.  It would act okay on the start but after a few seconds it would stop with the control dial rotating clockwise  - click, click, click... around and around it went.  I called the Splendide help line and was told the turning and clicking dial means the machine is in "diagnostic mode."  The tech needed to know how many consecutive blinks the right side light, the Status/Door Lock light, makes before it pauses and starts blinking again.  The tech said to count the number of blinks.  It will blink from 1 to 15 times corresponding to the error, pause for several seconds, then start blinking again.  I guess that is designed to allow me to count the number of blinks two or more times in case Leslie starts talking to me, eh?  Well, it was two blinks, pause, two blinks, pause, two blinks,....  I called the tech back and reported two blinks and was immediately told the problem is the main motor.  Guess what - those motors are not available anymore, anywhere.  I was told if the problem in the motor is worn out brushes, then they're replaceable... almost anything else wrong means a new washer/dryer machine.

I called Chris here in Yuma - Loren "Chris" Christgau, Chris Appliance Repair, 928-210-0598.  He came today, took out the washer/dryer and its motor, then tested the motor - it's okay.  He put the motor back in and the machine ran okay on the platform while setting in the hallway.  He put it back in the Marquis' cabinet so the water and drain hoses could be reattached.  He said to run it through a wash cycle without clothes and later wash a load of clothes if it still seems to work okay, then departed.  It is now drying a load of towels after washing them.  It's running fine again... why?  Nothing was replaced, nothing found to be a problem,... it was nearly as clean inside the machine cabinet around the motor and all the wiring as a new one!  We plan to wash several loads before getting Chris back to finish reinstalling the washer/dryer... or replacing it with a new one.

FYI - a new Splendide WD2100XC on Amazon Prime costs $1,173 and no freight charge.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 11:53:11 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

David T. Richelderfer

• BAC Member
Re: Splendide 2100 - two blink code
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 06:16:25 PM »
Update -  We have done several loads of clothes in the Splendide this past week.  It has worked perfectly every time.  My guess is the washer's brain got confused.  Perhaps pulling the power plug and disconnecting the motor plug to remove it when the repairmen were here to pull the machine out removed its network demons.  And I had mentally resolved myself to purchase a new one.  I guess we'll now continue to use it until the next time it gets confused, eh?  It will cost us a service call but that's cheaper than a $1173 new one plus having it installed.

The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

David T. Richelderfer

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 05:52:33 PM »
Another update - We have put the washer back in place but cannot get the hot water connection to seal without a small leak.  The washer appears to be the problem and I have never seen one like it.  Its cross-section looks like a piece of quarter-round, is very thin and very rubbery - meaning very pliable.  The nearest washers I can find on the internet are described as a P-Cone washer or a molded cone slip-joint washer, but these appear to be much thicker than the washer in there.

Any idea where I can get the correct washer and what the washer is called?  I will be calling Ken and/or the parts department at BCS shortly for their advice.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »
I can't help with the hose washer problem - but in case you don't have this document, here is the Training-Diagnostic Manual for the Splendide.
Well, I can't attach it -its over 300KB so here is the link http://www.splendide.com/service/TRAINMANXC_Complete.pdf