Author Topic: Dash panel modification  (Read 2993 times)

Thomas James

Dash panel modification
« on: January 08, 2018, 09:47:24 PM »
OK, so I'm really not happy with my lack of quality sound in my coach. It has the old am/fm cassette, B&W back up camera, and the CB is well....it's a CB. So I've been looking around for stuff that would fit in those holes to upgrade. Finally I'm at the point of to heck with it! So what I'm considering is....Taking that whole panel out. junk the radio, CB, and back up monitor and go with all new stuff. A 7" AM/FM/XM/Nav/back-up. Then get a better/updated CB(cause they do serve a purpose). Then take that part of the dash panel and use it as a template and cut a new one, and cut what ever holes I need, then paint or coat it and re-install with all new equipment. Oh, also all new speakers throughout the coach. Oh, and that old cigarette lighter, yeah...it's gone too. But I will put a 12v charger/usb there in it's place. Heck, I might even update all the gauges as well(prob not-but it's a thought). Thoughts?? Anyone done anything like this before on an older coach?? TIA

Darell T Hostland

Re: Dash panel modification
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:49:39 PM »
This is the way I updated our dash radio in 1994 Patriot. It is a Joying 10.1 inch android 6.0.6 auto system.