Author Topic: Electrical problem  (Read 2023 times)

Steve Albert

Electrical problem
« on: January 27, 2018, 07:13:06 AM »
I have a 1996 Beaver Patriot I left  for TN  got to AZ hooked up to shore power  none of the lights on the panel turned on showing I was on electrical power and the refrigerator did not switch from gas to electric . So I turned on the inverter too battery power everything worked ok till the battery went low then some thing quit working like the microwave water heater  and back bedroom lights
, so I started the generator and the refrigerator still stayed on gas. the microwave and water heater still did not work is there something wrong with the inverter?  I was getting power to the motorhome  I saw the switch was in anyone know what is going on?  :-\

Gerald Farris

Re: Electrical problem
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
Steve,
The refrigerator and water heater do not run through the inverter, so it sounds like you have a tripped main breaker, a hard wired Surge Guard, or a defective transfer switch that is blocking any 120 volt current. About the only way to determine what your problem is after checking the breakers is to take a volt meter and trace the 120 volt circuit, starting at the transfer switch. If you have power out of the transfer switch and there is no hard wired Surge, go to the main breaker box. The readings from these locations should determine what your problem is. 

Gerald

Steve Albert

Re: Electrical problem
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 05:37:39 PM »
Thanks for the info Gerald I try that