Author Topic: Cat software  (Read 2895 times)

Paul Aronson

• BAC Member
Cat software
« on: March 21, 2018, 02:34:26 AM »

My last coach had a Cummins engine and I was able to get the software to communicate with the engine. Was very helpful in pulling engine codes and trip data. I have looked extensively and can not find any equivalent Cat engine software. Does anybody know how to get Cat software short of going to a Cat dealer?
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder Winchester III
45' C-13 525 Hp
2013 Chevy Traverse

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
Re: Cat software
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 03:48:49 AM »
Paul, Cat ET and Cat SIS ( service information system is Dealer only ) you can get
what is called silver leaf program that will monitor engine diagnostic and is called
Caterpillar messenger. Cummins has a program for there electronic engines called
InSite again dealer only. You can find programs for sale but the kicker is activation
of license ( this is where you will find dealer only)  Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 08:53:40 AM »
Paul
We had the Silverleaf in the 02 Marquis we has.  It was great and you could select the data most needed on the front page etc.
Do you still have the Aladdin in yours?  There are a few pages that are similar to the Silverleaf. 
Just from memory try to main page line two arrow right twice.  I havent been there for a few months so forgive my memory.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 11:02:43 AM »

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 11:32:44 AM »
It's cheaper to pay Dave to pull codes because he can tell you what they mean and what you can do to fix.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 10:34:27 PM »
I suppose that depends on where Dave lives.

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 11:19:42 PM »
His home base is Quartzsite.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Paul Aronson

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 01:18:29 AM »
Appreciate all the feedback.
I did have both Cummins software packages installed on a laptop I used on the previous coach. One was very basic used mstly for checking trip data or pulling codes. The other was the same as used at a Cummins shop, extremely comprehensive as you would expect.
I do have an Aladdin system but have not yet figured out how to use all its features - working on it. I also have a copy of VmsPc running on a laptop.
I was afraid the Cat software was available only to dealers. Looks to be the case.
Again, thank you for the feedback. I have very limited experience with Cat and am trying to gather as much information as I can prior to actually "needing" it. Have limited, but excellent, experience with Cat shops. Hope to keep it that way except for routine maintenance.
45' C-13 525 Hp
2013 Chevy Traverse

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 01:55:26 AM »
Paul, find it very interesting with your Cummins program same as service shop. I have Cummins
InSite and requires a yearly renewal fee, at renewal time a new license number is assigned to
person renewing the license. When in the work force the company would pay for all the InSite
License fees, now that I’m retired I have to pay the renewal fee and if I let License drop I cannot
Get it back. Dave Atherton Retired Cat mechanic

Paul Aronson

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 02:19:19 AM »
Dave - Yes it was the same software. Bit of a long story. Quit doing the updates when the software would not run on Windows XP. I was able to help several others with the troubleshooting tree in the software.
45' C-13 525 Hp
2013 Chevy Traverse