Author Topic: Water panel access  (Read 2093 times)

Mike Stuart

Water panel access
« on: March 27, 2018, 01:37:17 AM »
I recently had to get into my water panel to service my grey/black shutoff valves.  I knew this would be a tough job due to the connections with the panel and in particular the shut off valves that are attached to the panel.  Fortunately, I remembered a posting from Edward Buker in 2010 that solved this problem.  The shutoff valves are attached to the at the factory to the panel by metal straps and machine screws (very crudely) and reattaching the valves is damn near impossible given the limited access.  Edward derived an alternate method using wood blocks connected with aluminum straps to hold the shut off valves to the panel.  After studying his post and pictures, I fashioned the mounts for my panel.  They worked superbly. For reference, here is the topic thread with Edward’s post:  http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,462.msg2461.html#msg2461
I thought I would post this in the event any of you have the opportunity to take out your water panel and want a better solution.  This will save you a great deal of aggravation if you invest the time up front to make the mounts. 
The following users thanked this post: Mike Humble, Neal E Weinmann