Author Topic: Alternator Voltage Regulator Part Number needed  (Read 2057 times)

D. Wendal Attig

Alternator Voltage Regulator Part Number needed
« on: April 08, 2018, 06:42:24 AM »
Was advised by a gentleman who owned an alternator replacement/rebuilding shop in MA, that before I do anything re: my alternator, that I replace the voltage regulator. Wondering if anyone has a part number. These seem to look alike, but some show different model numbers. If they are standard that would help eliminate my confusion. Doesn't look like a very complex part to replace, but don't want to remove the engine hatch cover in the bedroom only to discover I bought the wrong one. Any sources would help, too.  Thanks

This is for the  Leece Neville Duvac 160 amp alternator

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Alternator Voltage Regulator Part Number needed
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 04:42:52 PM »
Leece Nevell has complete details and part #s on line, just google.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

D. Wendal Attig

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 09:17:41 PM »
Been there, done that. Not much help. Thought maybe someone had identified it and had a part number. Maybe someone else can help?

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 11:32:13 PM »
D.,
The Leece Neville regulator part # should be R240103725, but almost all alternator rebuilders use aftermarket parts instead of Leece Neville parts. However, is very rarely a good idea to replace a part on a coach without diagnosing the issue first. Why do you think that you need a voltage regulator? If the alternator is overcharging, check the sense wire first. If it is not charging at all, you probably have a burned stator from overheating.

Gerald 

D. Wendal Attig

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 01:12:53 AM »
Thanks Gerald,
This goes back to the string from June of last year (Alternator
« on: June 12, 2017, 04:51:08 AM . Your temporary workaround has worked for the fewer than 700 miles we have driven since, but wanted to address this issue more permanently before leaving for the west coast next month.  The gentleman I mentioned at the head of this post was a camper here, and suggested that the easiest way to do this might be to replace the regulator, (without having to remove the alternator) which is hard to reach in our configuration. This is beginning to sound more complex than I know how to do.....hmmm.