Author Topic: Where to buy Aladdin Interface Module #38040038  (Read 7087 times)

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
Where to buy Aladdin Interface Module #38040038
« on: May 07, 2018, 08:52:58 PM »
Does anyone know where to find an Aladdin Interface module # 38040038 ?
It appears my Aladdin Interface module has failed on the Black tank connector.
I can switch the Grey tank wire to Black tank and it works fine but Grey tank level doesn't work with Black tank wire.
Contacted NW Supply but not in stock, waiting for call back from BCS.
Any help would be appreciated
Darrell Terry
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Where to buy Aladdin Interface Module #38040038
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 09:06:50 PM »
Perhaps an RV salvage firm would have what you want.  Like Visone RV:

https://usedrvparts.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/welcome.pl?

There are other salvage firms around the country you could try, as well.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 09:16:12 PM »
Try here:   http://www.nwrvsupply.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH    and type in “Aladdin”.  If it’s not displayed, call them.  If you can find an electronics repairman, that’s a whole lot cheaper way to go, as a failed capacitor or resistor, or a nanocracked solder point costs next to nothing.

Joel
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:22:31 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 07:46:58 AM »
Also try, Arizona rv salvage.  Not sure of the address online but google....
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 01:05:50 PM »
I would start with Beaver Coach Sales
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 03:36:09 PM »
I suggest you consider the SeeLevel II  tank monitoring system. This device is easily installed as the sensor attaches to the outside of each of the waste tanks thus more dependable and accurate due to no fouling. Also can monitor propane tank and battery.   www.garnetinstruments.com
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 02:45:43 AM »
I purchased a used Tank module. Seemed to work properly the first week then each time I drained Black tank I have to adjust the level to 0.
I have replaced the sensor and the module. I purchased a new 4 wire phone cable today. If this doesn't fix issue - Whats next ?
Thanks for any and all responses
Darrell

2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 01:54:20 PM »
If this doesn't fix issue - Whats next ?
Thanks for any and all responses
Darrell

See Bob Stone's post above your last. No issues with See Level in over 5 years.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Mike Shumack

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 03:33:27 PM »
Does the SeeLevel send the tank data to the Aladdin so it is displayed on the same screen with the other Aladdin data?

Mike Tomas

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 04:43:35 PM »
Alright Mike, I did another quick Search.  Used is going to be your best bet to replace the sensor. the Aladdin system apparently has not had replacement parts for a very long time. I would first try to take the sensor to a local Television / electronics workshop. If not a Television / electronics shop, a local electronics or radio club. Tell them that black doesn't work in grey position, but Grey and Black both work in black position. Tell them the circuits on the board will likely be similar and maybe it's a simple component failure. They may be able to figure out and get it working again. I suspect that's going to be your best solution to fixing this sensor, because I think your going to find it hard to obtain a replacement unless it's from a derelict.

SEE-Level may be a good replacement for the direct fix of your problem. But so might be putting a toggle switch between the Grey and Black sensors and switching between them using the working half of the sensor unit. But what happens if other Aladdin pieces or parts fail? fixing those failures with specific function replacements, and you start getting a Hodge-podge of individual systems.

So to answer Darrell Terry's question: "What's next?" You might think about replacing....                                   -Aladdin.  to SilverLeaf

Here is a link to someone who had one of the Aladdin components stolen.  Broken is like stolen it's not there/doesn't work. And it seems to me, that there are a lot of advantages to upgrading to SilverLeaf. SilverLeaf was an automation solution used in Beavers. I have one on my coach for monitoring the engine and transmission. But reading into this system, It can use the EXISTING wiring harness and you apparently can upgrade this thing all the way up to multi-camera video monitoring. It pulls you out of the "what's Next" scenario and provides you with a solution with expand-ability, and upgrade-ability.
http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/node/5697

Now of course, I think you should try to find a replacement module, and if you find one at Az Salvage- I'll save you the trip and go get it myself and ship it to you if needed (Live in Phx). But if it can't be fixed, and can't be found, maybe upgrading the control system to SilverLeaf might be the answer. It sounds like SilverLeaf has went to some effort on their part to provide a solution to those of us with antiquated and failing Aladdin control systems.

http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/node/4163

Best of luck!

Lawrence Tarnoff

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 05:37:30 PM »
I am having SeeLevel 3-tank system installed in a few weeks.  My first instinct was to tie into existing Aladdin, but the interface between SeeLevel and Aladdin is no longer available.  I am going with a Bluetooth interface with a wired monitor in the basement.  Bluetooth to smartphone is a newer option from SeeLevel.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 07:18:06 PM »
Entering the Aladdin name and p/n in Google brings up several options.

https://usedrvparts.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/md/M11866/s1.pl

Of course buying a used part - may just put you back in the same situation a year later. But if it were me, I would try to keep the Aladdin system running for as long as possible.

Mike Tomas

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 09:37:57 PM »
Yes!

I would agree on keeping the Aladdin working. Whole heartedly! Replacing or changing to a SilverLeaf is the next best step when all else fails IMOHO!

Mike Tomas

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 04:10:24 AM »
While Trolling around the Interwebs I cam across a website for derelict motorhomes. I clicked around and found RV Components and started browsing. Thinking of your post, I started looking for a module. It's not a number match for your module, but maybe further searching or even calling this place might.. Might return a pot of gold, or in this case a module that may work for you.

https://rvcomponents.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/md/M2428/s1.pl?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 06:31:00 AM »
For those who’d prefer nursing the Aladdin along, consider the possible repair option if parts aren’t readily available    https://www.mmrvelectronics.com

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat