Author Topic: Covering Captain & Passenger Chair in '03 Patriot - seat belt placement  (Read 10146 times)

Jill Goldman

The Captain and Passenger Chairs in my '03 Patriot Ticonderoga are looking worn, cracked, used. I was hoping to purchase a cover and find most of the covers are not big enough for these chairs (25" wide). My other concern is that the shoulder harness/seat belt comes out from the top of the chair and the covers that I see do not accommodate this. I'd rather not spend $1500 to have them reupholstered. Any thoughts about this? Thanks
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 11:54:09 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Jill I am not sue where you are located but 1500 for both chairs is not a bad price.  I know they are doing this work in Bend Beaver Coach Sales but if your in AZ they have a shop in Tucson that will come to your rig remove the offer a 2 day turn around. I don't recall the price but just getting the chairs out is a project. The faux leathers are available in 54" width and you can buy this by the yard from BCS or from distributors like  Mcdonalds Perfect Fit. You will need a commercial sewing machine like a Juki to do this type of work as you need to sew at least 4 layers its a Heavy Duty job. 
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett

John Fearnow

Re: Covering Captain & Passenger Chair in '03 Patriot - seat belt placement
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:56:54 PM »
Jerry,
Do you recall the name of the vendor in Tucson that you mentioned?
John
2002 P-T

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
Re: Covering Captain & Passenger Chair in '03 Patriot - seat belt placement
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 01:54:47 PM »
John I don't recall the shop name but would guess that the Lazy Days KOA  will have the name
5151 South Country Club Rd
Tucson, AZ 85706
Phone number (800) 306-4067
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Robert McVicker

Thanks for the info Jerry on recovering front seats,that is something I want to do as well I called bcs and they don't carry the leather anymore.Still looking for another vendor

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
Robert,  you try calling https://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/rv-captain-chairs.html I don't know anything about them but the web link looks interesting be sure to ask for "Top-grain leather"

Quality– Second Highest, both full and top-grain leathers are made from the best quality part of the hide
Pros– Beautiful, Durable and less maintenance
Cons– Also Expensive but not as costly as Full-grain
Recommendation –
Buy It! Top-grain leather furniture is beautiful, and requires less maintenance and care. It’s used most often in higher-end upholstered items.
RV furniture made of top-grain leather will last long, look great and is well worth the investment.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
   The guy that does Lazy days, Is Dino at GB upholstery 520-270-9675. I have known him for 20 years and does quality work but he is not cheap. You will be happy with the outcome and I refer my customers to him.
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
Thanks Fred cheap is not the best approach you need a good shop that use the best foam and sewing, I saw his work during the Beaver rally a few year ago they came out to remove the chairs and you could stay in your rig until his return 4-5 day turn.

Remember to ask for  "Top-grain leather"

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:10:38 PM by Jerry Carr »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks