Author Topic: Fluid leaking under the entry steps  (Read 2541 times)

Doug Biesinger

Fluid leaking under the entry steps
« on: July 01, 2018, 03:59:05 PM »
Hello all,

I am new to BAC...have really enjoyed looking at the posts, they are very educational.  I have recently purchased a 2006 Patriot Lexington II C9 400 HP.  I have noticed fluid leaking from under the entry steps...looks to be hydraulic fluid?  I can see a tank when I extend the generator housing that is under the steps...I am guessing that is the source...but what does that tank feed?  Is that the fluid to extend the generator??  Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Biesinger
2006 Patriot
Lexington II
C9 400 HP   

Bill Sprague

Re: Fluid leaking under the entry steps
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 04:03:30 PM »
Welcome to the BAC!

On our '04 Monterey the hydraulic pump and tank for the slides and jacks were under the front step.  Our generator had an electric screw drive and was not related.

Hal Grimshaw

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 05:23:40 PM »
We.ve got an 07 pt.  We had the same problem.    Mechanic worked on it and didn't fill.  We were not able to get the generator in or out nor the front pop outs.

Porter and Ferris helped diagonis and fix the problem.  Got it all fixed but that is al least part of what it feeds

good luck on finding the exact point of the leek.
2007 Patriot Thunder
C13

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 08:33:09 PM »
As Bill notes, the solenoid manifold, pump, and tank for the slides is mounted up between the steps and generator.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 09:44:46 PM »
Our two leaks in that area were from split hydraulic hoses - the first was a short hose I am guessing between the hydraulic fluid reservoir and the pump, the second was a bit longer hose but still close by.  Since replacing both hoses, no more leaks.  When enough fluid was lost, we could hear a low oil warning alarm.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 09:58:00 PM »
Doug,
The hydraulic pump and reservoir in the area under your front steps will vary by how your coach is equipped. If you have hydraulic leveling jacks, there will be 2 pumps and reservoirs on most of your model coaches. One for the leveling jacks and one for the slides. I think that your generator slide if powered by the HWH unit the operates your slides.

Gerald

Doug Biesinger

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »
Thank you Gerald...

I do have the hydraulic jacks...my next challenge is to get coach high enough safely to get a good look at what is going on :)

Doug B
2006 Patriot
400 HP C9