Author Topic: 1991 Beaver Contessa furnace ignites but is cold  (Read 2323 times)

Jason Worman

1991 Beaver Contessa furnace ignites but is cold
« on: August 02, 2018, 04:55:19 AM »
When testing all our systems a couple of weeks ago, when we turned on the furnace it fired right but only blows cold air. Any thoughts? Thank you

Gerald Farris

Re: 1991 Beaver Contessa furnace ignites but is cold
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 07:08:04 AM »
Jason,
Since you did not say what heating system you have, I will assume that it is a Suburban propane heater. If so, how long did you let the burner run? The propane heater has a heat exchanger just like a residential heater so it takes a minute or so to produce heat. Second, are you sure that the main burner was running? If the main burner was running for a few minutes, and you were still getting cold air, I would check the ducting at the heater.

Gerald

Jason Worman

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 10:23:04 PM »
Gerald,

It's a Suburban heater. My wife let it run for awhile and heard the main burner fire. I will check the ducting around the heater.

Thank you

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 04:02:52 AM »
Jason,
Did the main burner continue to run after ignition? If the main burner is running you will feel a fair amount of heat at the burner exhaust vent on the outside of the coach.

Gerald

Jason Worman

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 02:52:40 PM »
Gerald,

I checked and cleaned the ducting and furnace area and the furnace blows nice and warm, thank you.