Author Topic: Dash A/C fan quit  (Read 3667 times)

Joel Weiss

Dash A/C fan quit
« on: March 18, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »
The dashboard A/C fan in my 2000 Patriot Thunder quit today without warning.  I'm hoping it is a fuse, but I don't know where the "automotive" fuses are in the coach.  I checked the driver's side electrical bay but that wasn't the right guess.   Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Gerald Farris

Re: Dash A/C fan quit
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 02:38:18 PM »
Joel,
I think that your model dash A/C runs on a circuit breaker instead of a fuse. I would remove the connector at the blower motor with the A/C unit turned on and check for 12V current at the connector. If the connector is hot and you have a good ground to the blower motor, the blower motor is your failed part.

If there is no power to the blower motor on any speed (since high speed and low speed are two separate circuits) check for power to the control panel. If the control panel has power, check the switch, resistor block, and wiring connectors.

Gerald  

JimCasazze

Re: Dash A/C fan quit
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »
Joel,
Look on the Coach Assist site, Steve just posted a bunch of wiring diagrams I sent him on the ACME AC system.  See page 85, it is the diagram for the '99 Patriot Thunder as I just spent the weekend fixing my dash a/c and heat.  You have to search through the site down to Service manuals, as there are other Acme documents submitted by a different Jim that do not seem to apply to the Patriot Thunder.

Also, you might look under the dash. On mine there are 3 Hella relays located there.  I beleive two are for the blower.  Hope this helps.

Jim