Author Topic: Aladin Module  (Read 6670 times)

Steve Otterstedt

Aladin Module
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:14:02 AM »
I have a 2003 Beaver Monterey with Cummins ICS350.  After installing all new batteries my Aladin System will only display the menu.  The joy stick will not activate any selection.  I removed the fuse but that didn't reset the system.  I can't find the control module.  Looked under dash, joy stick compartment next to seat, all compartments but no module.  It shows on my drawings but no location is listed. There must be some way to reset the system.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks, Steve Otterstedt georgetownsteve@msn.com
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:53:51 PM by 14 »

Gerald Farris

Re: Aladin Module
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »
Steve,
I think that the reset for your Aladdin system is located in the cabinet above the driver's side Window.

Gerald

Steve Otterstedt

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »
I looked there again but nothing in that compartment.  Do you think it might be hidden behind the forward inner panel in that compartment?  

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 01:00:39 PM »
Steve,
I am not sure. We will have to wait for someone with your exact same coach to respond.

Gerald

Jim Shaw

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 01:28:01 PM »
Steve, I had a problem with the one on my 2003 Monterey and after removing the forward panel in the compartment above and on the left of the drivers seat I found a switch just lying there. I turn the switch off and back on and all worked well. I have since mounted the switch in the panel so that I can access it any time. It has locked up a few times since and I just reset the switch to repair it. Hope this help and good luck.
Jim

Steve Otterstedt

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »
Thanks Jim, do you mean the compartment above the window or the panel just left of the drivers seat? Steve

Jim Shaw

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »
Steve, It is the panel in the cabinet over the drivers window. I believe it is just four screws to remove. I can't remember how the switch was marked, but it did not indicate it was for the Aladin. I mark it when I mounted it in the panel.
Jim

Steve Otterstedt

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »
Hi Jim, Just got back to the coach and got your message.  That's were it was, right were you said.  I tried it and it did the job, thanks for your help.  I mounted it on the panel so now we are set if it happens again.  Thanks for all your help.  Steve O.

Jim Shaw

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 05:01:32 PM »
Hi Steve, Glad you were able to find the switch and remount it, since I have found that, if I try to be to fast with the joy stick, it will lock up. Just turn the switch off and back on, and it resets.
Jim
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:08:52 AM by 14 »