Author Topic: Water pump pumping water OUT the water fill hose  (Read 2250 times)

Rocky Healey

• BAC Member
Water pump pumping water OUT the water fill hose
« on: January 07, 2019, 01:14:11 AM »
I started today with no water, the water pump saved the day.  BUT now the water pump is pumping water out the fill hose, I then toggled the auto fill switch and got it to stop but still have no city water.Anyone have this problem, might it it be the solnoid?  Again learning curve.  Thanks for any assistance.

Rocky Healey
2008 PT 45 ft C-13
Rocky & Suzi Healey
2008 Patroit Thunder
C-13
45ft

Mike Shumack

Re: Water pump pumping water OUT the water fill hose
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 03:31:56 AM »
There is a check valve in the fill line. I suspect it is sticking open. On my ‘05 the valve can be seen in the small compartment inside the basement compartment where the water pump is located.

EDIT: add photo (ignore the green circles, that was for another post/question)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:43:04 PM by Mike Shumack »

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 04:18:54 AM »
Why no city water, are you not hooked to city supply or? Mike is correct your check valve must be stuck open to be able to pump water back out the hose. With my 06 PT the auto fill valve is not in that line and would not have any affect on the pump pushing water out the hose.
Of course they didn't plumb two of these coaches the same so who knows how yours is plumbed.

Rocky Healey

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 12:29:13 AM »
I found the correct check valve at camping world and got it replaced.  Thanks for all the suggestions and comments

Rocky Healey
Rocky & Suzi Healey
2008 Patroit Thunder
C-13
45ft