Author Topic: Abs atc lights  (Read 4285 times)

Robert Wilson

Abs atc lights
« on: April 01, 2011, 12:42:35 AM »
 I am new to this site , 05 Monterey with C9 I've been driving around for about 20,000 miles with these lights on
My last beaver had the same problem, should I seek service any advice for service centers that specialize ?
Thanks

Gerald Farris

Re: Abs atc lights
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 03:34:01 AM »
With the ABS and ATC lights on the Antilock Brake System and the Automatic Traction Control systems are both inoperative. There is no harm in driving the coach in this condition unless you experience a low traction situation and need one of these systems. The need for one or both of these systems is much higher if you drive on snow covered or icy roads, although wet roads can give poor enough traction to make them very valuable also.

If you decide to have the problem repaired, the repair shop of choice will vary with your location. A system malfunction is usually caused by a defective wheel speed sensor, and can be diagnosed by any shop with competent technicians and a computer scanner that will read the system fault codes and data.

The most common repair shop recommended on this forum will be Beaver Coach Sales of Oregon or Alliance Coach in Florida. Either one of these shops would be an excellent choice, unless you are in some place like Texas or Kansas and it would obviously not be worth the drive.

Gerald  

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:57:52 PM »
On my 2004 Monterey the ABS light came on.  Beaver had wrapped the sensor lead aroundt he frame to take up slack.  They made it about an inch too short so it came unplugged when the suspension moved.  Crawl under and find a wire that comes out of the brake assembly and follow it until you find the plug. You might avoid a trip to the shop.  

Bill

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 06:08:21 PM »
At one point my ATC light would illuminate intermittently for no reason as I was driving in normal conditions. Coincidently I had a slow drip from my fuel filter cup around the time I had the problem wih the lamp. Finally I got around to replacing the fuel filter and installed a new O-ring which solved the leak and the ATC light has never lit up since. Not certain how they are related but thats my story.