Author Topic: Did any of the Monaco era Beavers have the "bus style" basement doors?  (Read 3916 times)

Mike Shumack

I really like these "bus style" basement compartment doors. The photo below if from a 2002 Patriot (the SMC/Beaver era).
Did any of the Monaco/Beavers (2003+) have doors like these?

Pat Long

Mike,      That is an exact picture of my coach passenger side basement door configuration.   My coach is the 2000 Beaver Marquis Amethyst

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Mike,
The Marquis brochures through 2005 show that type of door in use. I've had all 3 styles and IMHO the current Monaco door is by far the easiest to use and most convenient. The swing up door can't be used on basement compartments unless the compartment is attached to the slide so the Monaco body design and move to 4 slides ended that door design,
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Mike Shumack

The swing up door can't be used on basement compartments unless the compartment is attached to the slide so the Monaco body design and move to 4 slides ended that door design,
Steve

That's a good point/reason.

Lee Welbanks

Two of my doors on the drivers side are the swing up style. The utility door is large and heavy in fact that's the door I remove the latch anchor a couple years ago, reason being that it the latch fails in anyway there is no way to open this door because you cannot get at it from the inside anywhere. I'm with Steve the swing out door are much better.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Newer Monaco Beavers have the side swing door with the post latch.  This is far more secure than the previous version latches such as are on the lift style doors on the Marquis.  Any dirt causes the nylon latches to get sticky and when they no longer  move they break on closing.  The lift style doors have four latches and four struts.  Spendy even when maintained well.
Just my 4 cents worth. 
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!