Author Topic: Tags/Tag Cloud  (Read 5088 times)

Edward Buker

Tags/Tag Cloud
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:16:36 PM »
is it possible to have a box on the message input page that you can simply add tags while posting a message at any point during the sequence of postings threads and replies. I was trying to add some tags like Onan overheat, or slipping fan belt, to my last post to close this one out and I could not find the path. Maybe it is just old age....

I see the tag input is available here on a new thread posting but at the beginning of a post it is not apparent where you are going with a problem and if the results will warrant tagging.

later Ed

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Tags/Tag Cloud
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:00:03 PM »
I agree that is a problem, Ed.  There probably should be a Thread Tag field in each initial poster's "Modify" page for any of his subsequent posts in that thread;  or an "Add Tag" button in addition to the "Delete" and "Modify" buttons, which would be super handy, at least for the initial poster.  Whadaya think, Tim?  ;)

Right now, the only other way apparently is to go back to your original post's "Modify" page, where only the person who began the thread (initial poster) can add tags.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 05:25:07 AM »
Ed,

Ask and it will happen.  Check your post tag again.  Moderators hold the magic wand, but it really helps us all search, if Tage are applied to the original post.

Larry

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 05:33:21 AM »
Thanks for the help....good crew here.

Later Ed

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:49:48 PM »
Hi all

I understand you concerns about the ability to ad tags in other places besides a new post.  Unfortunately the forum software that we are using does not allow for that possibility.   It would be nice if I had the ability to do the necessary programing to make changes and additions to what we have, but that is not within my capabilities.  We will keep watch for updates and if this option becomes available we will be sure and take advantage of it.  For now we will rely on our board moderators for that service.