Author Topic: Slideout adjustment  (Read 19881 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Slideout adjustment
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 06:56:53 PM »
I think that's part of the problem, Leah.  There are new owners and people who've previously owned other brands, that buy used Monacos, and automatically go for the leveler buttons as soon as they shut off the engine.  Heck, I know I still try to do that from time to time.  Fortunately the wife yells or I catch myself in the process, and divest myself of that impulse.  Also fortunately, on the rare occasion I do foolishly forget and level up before slides out, the coach wasn't too far out of whack I guess, because no problems insued;  or I caught the error in time and went back to Travel Mode before slides out.  

Remembering to pull slides in last, after going to Travel Mode, when breaking camp seems to never have been a problem.  It's just that darned natural impulse to go for the leveler panel after engine shut down that's always got my goat.  I can imagine how much harder it must be for those with the opposite routine engrained from operating other coaches.  We had the advantage of a teacher in our new-owner's walk-around at BCS, who strongly and repeatedly emphasized the "slides out first and in last" philosophy.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 05:23:31 PM »
One thing I have been told is the first thing to do before letting the slides out or the last after bringing them in is to connect to shore power so you don't put a strain on the batteries.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

George Harwell

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 02:00:56 AM »
Mike, that is pure hogwash. I would venture to say, that 99 percent of the time you connect shore power, after extending the rooms. The batterys are recharged in just a few minutes. The same goes for retracting, except the alternator recharges the batterys, as you leave the campground. I don't know the exact numbers, but it doesn't take very much out of the batterys to open or close the slideouts. You can do it any way that makes you comfortable, but I wouldn't buy stock from the individual passing out bad information.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:29:59 AM by 14 »