Author Topic: 2002 Marquis Tourmaline 40 - leveling  (Read 2503 times)

Roy Lewis

2002 Marquis Tourmaline 40 - leveling
« on: October 10, 2016, 05:51:40 AM »
We are proud owners of 2002 Marquis Tourmaline with the SMC leveling system. The system works great but I am doing something wrong in order I do things when leaving for next resort. Would someone with same system tell me how to depart, retract jacks air up etc and proper order to do things. Thank you in advance. We love our Marquis!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:04:01 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: 2002 Marquis Tourmaline 40
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 10:16:50 AM »
The SMC system can become confused and so patience is required.  If it gets out of wack just turn it offon the button and restart the coach.  Air it up and start over fresh.

When you arrive in your spot and are fairly level.  Run out the slides,  push the rocker switch to the auto side.  That is toward the driver.  Allow the lights to spin around for a few minutes and when they stop press the auto button.  The coach should now drop the air and level itself.  When it is done the lights will turn green.

When it is time to leave you air up the system first thing.  Then retract the jacks and air up again
If you leave the rocker switch on then just press retract when it is time to leave.  If you turned the switch off then press and hold the manual side of the rocker switch.  When the little yellow "all up" light comes on the jacks are in travel mode and if the air is fully up then simply bring in the slides.

We always carried a list to follow for set up and break down.  We did not follow the order right o e ti e and got the jack controller confused.
Hope this helps.  Congrats on the new coach!
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!