Author Topic: Tire Pressure  (Read 3448 times)

Richard Rollnick

Tire Pressure
« on: July 08, 2011, 03:41:19 PM »
We just purchased a 2003 Beaver Monterey Huntington with new Goodyear 275/70R225 tires. We had it serviced and they inflated all the tires to 120 psi.  I have not weighed the coach but is there a safe general recommendation for this coach on front and back tire pressures?  Thank you.

George Harwell

Re: Tire Pressure
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »

I run 100 front and 95 rear on my 03 38 foot Seaclift. That should be sufficient until you have a chance to weigh the coach. It will also soften the ride a bit. Happy travels.

Gerald Farris

Re: Tire Pressure
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
Richard,
Since you have not weighted your coach with the load that you travel with, my suggestion would be to leave the 120 PSI in the tires until you have the coach weighted. No two coaches weigh the same when loaded to travel, and since under inflation can cause tire damage that will lead to a blowout, you want to be certain to never run the tires underinflated.

Running the tires at 120 PSI (maximum pressure for your tires) will cause no problems until you weigh the coach, except for a slight difference in the ride that most owners can not detect. However running the tires underinflated will cause damage to the tires that may result in a blowout now or a year or two latter.

The bottom line is weigh the coach with everything in it that you travel with including water and fuel, and set your tire pressures accordingly. Also check your tires often when cold because all tires loose air pressure over time and if not checked, you will end up with underinflated tires. Remember blowouts are not pretty and they can be deadly.

Gerald