Author Topic: 2006 patriot C 13 won’t start  (Read 1624 times)

Kevin Higgins

• BAC Member
2006 patriot C 13 won’t start
« on: May 26, 2021, 06:24:34 PM »
I replaced the fuel filter and filled with fuel. Now it won’t start. it turns over good but will not run. I have a full tank of fuel. Thanks kevin
Kevin                                                                             2006 Beaver Patriot thunder                                           42ft Vicksburg C13

Scott Shearer

• BAC Member
Re: 2006 patriot C 13 won’t start
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 07:25:08 PM »
Keven,

You need to open the air purge valve; it is located on the filter housing above the secondary fuel filter. It’s hard to see (painted yellow) and hard to get too. Use your remote starter switches and crank the engine until you get a good fuel flow. Don’t crank for more than thirty seconds at a time and cool for two minutes, it will take a few cycles to get clear fuel.

The attached image shows the bleed plug, I removed the yellow paint so it’s easier to see.

See the CAT C13 Operation and Maintenance Manual in coach assist, starting at page 105.
Scott & Susie Shearer
2006 Patriot Thunder
Lexington IV 40'
Cat C13
2015 JKU Hard Rock
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Carr

Kevin Higgins

• BAC Member
Re: 2006 patriot C 13 won’t start
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 10:35:44 PM »
Thanks Scott, it ended up being a blown fuse in the rear run box. I replaced the fuse and it started right up. But I still wanted to find out why it did that I started wiggling the wires on the fuel water separator sensor and the engine die and blew the fuse immediately.I unplugged fuel water separator plug and  put a new fuse in fired right back up. I ordered a new pigtail from caterpillar should be here by Friday .Thanks for the info on the secondary fuel filter. Kevin
Kevin                                                                             2006 Beaver Patriot thunder                                           42ft Vicksburg C13
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Carr