Author Topic: Microwave support  (Read 3778 times)

Clive Hiscock

Microwave support
« on: July 29, 2011, 07:47:09 PM »
Has anyone replaced the Sharp microwave / convection model R1850 with an smaller and or lighter unit. The Sharp convection microwave is a very heavy unit and the mounting points at the front of the unit which bolt into the cabinet are stretching the mounting panels on the top of the microwave. Also there are some cracked plastic panels that I cannot find replacements for.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Microwave support
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »
What is your location? If you are close to someplace like RV Outfitters that advertize here or Classic Coach Works in Lakeland, FL that specializes in remobels of motorhomes. These remodelers are scattered accross the country.

Clive Hiscock

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:15:12 PM »
I am located in Lake Worth, Fl. I can do the work my self (I think :o), was looking to see if someone else had selected a better unit, like GE profile or Viking etc, also if they had any problems fitting. But I may resort to a RV outfitter type place in the end..

Glenn Perkins

• BAC Member
  • 99 Marquis
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »
Clive,

I replaced the Sharp in our 99 Marquis, about 9 years ago, with a GE Advantium (110v) myself, and have had no problems with it jarring loose at all, over the past 130K miles.

Glenn
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:52:41 AM by 14 »