Author Topic: keyless entry actuator will only lock  (Read 2263 times)

Tom James

keyless entry actuator will only lock
« on: September 04, 2021, 10:37:23 PM »
2006 Patriot Thunder Keyless entry lock will only lock the door and will not unlock.  The actuator does not make any noise when the unlock is pressed.  There are only two contacts on the door, so since the actuator works in one direction, the contacts seem to be OK.  Can the actuator go bad and only work in one direction?
Thanks in advance.

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: keyless entry actuator will only lock
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 02:46:10 PM »
Tom
Id check at the contacts to see if you are getting power when you try to lock and unlock you may be having an issue with one of the relays up stream not reversing the polarity .
The actuators are locked and unlocked by reversing the polarity to the actuator motor leads , you can feed the contacts at the door or at the actuator motor to check if the actuator works both directions ( it's best to isolate the actuator from the control circuitry to do this).

Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
Re: keyless entry actuator will only lock
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 05:09:31 PM »
I had a similar problem that was intermitent working and not.  See my post Nov 15, 2020 searh "entry".  My solution was swapping relays labeled BOC and BDO and all was fine.  Probably had a bad connection on one or the other.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp