Author Topic: Hydraulic System Filter Change  (Read 1579 times)

Andy Clark

• BAC Member
Hydraulic System Filter Change
« on: February 07, 2022, 05:00:51 PM »
It's time to change the hydraulic filter(s) in My 1995 Mountain Master Chassis and I need to ask a couple of questions before I start:

1. Are there actually 3 filters inside the large reservoir in the back on the passenger side of the coach or just one? Does anyone have the part number(s)?
2. Is there an external spin-on filter for this system? If so, where is it located and what is the part number?
3. Do I need to flush the system or is replacing only the drained fluid quantity sufficient?

Thanks for the help.

Andy Clark
1995 Beaver Patriot
8.3 6CTA
Andy Clark
1995 Patriot 37
300HP Cummings 6CTA8.3
Camano Island WA

John Fitzgerald

Re: Hydraulic System Filter Change
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 03:16:33 PM »
I think my '95 Marquis which has the same engine as yours has a similar hydraulic system.  I will be doing what you are planning in a few months.  The fluid reservoir/filter on my coach is behind the remote run panel and I will need to remove the air filter assembly it seems for access.  I was going to contact Gillig for the correct filter part numbers as they built my chassis.  I was planning on draining the reservoir and the cooler, then refilling and add as needed when all air is bled.  You could drain and open up the reservoir and see what you have for filters.  As Yogi Berra says," you can learn a lot just by looking "
The following users thanked this post: Andy Clark

Andy Clark

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 06:12:06 PM »
Thanks, John. I guess I will look to find the info I need. Thanks for the help
Andy Clark
1995 Patriot 37
300HP Cummings 6CTA8.3
Camano Island WA

John Fitzgerald

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 10:30:39 PM »
I will get back to you when I do mine and let you know what I found.  This coach system is all new to me, but I do have some experience with hydraulic systems.  Good luck