Author Topic: Closet Sliding Door Catches  (Read 4513 times)

Dick Simonis

Closet Sliding Door Catches
« on: September 11, 2011, 02:38:58 PM »
Since we've had our Beaver, there have been problems opening the sliding doors, and I think it might be operator error.  It takes a lot of force to open them and now we've broken several of the catches.  While at Beaver Coach I picked up some replacements, and will install them today or tomorrow.

Question is, what is the trick to opening the doors without breaking the catch, or is it an adjustment issue.

Thanks

Dick and Pat
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:32:52 AM by 14 »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Closet Sliding Door Catches
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 09:14:29 PM »
There shouldn't be any force involved, and you certainly shouldn't be breaking catches because of it.  Assuming that you release the lock at the bottom before trying to move them, then there must be something haywire with the roller mechanism at the top.  I would have had Loren or a tech, or even Ty or other sales staff look at the situation while I was at BCS - it wouldn't have cost anything.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Keith Cooper

Re: Closet Sliding Door Catches
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 03:25:30 AM »
The latches on the closet doors on our 2000 Patriot Thunder are J hook latches and they are mounted with hook pointing down on the first door on the left. So with that door we press down and move the door slightly toward your body in sliding the door to the right.  The latches alternate so the second door has the j hook pointing up and the pattern is repeated for the third and fourth door