Author Topic: House Heater  (Read 3650 times)

Ron Langdon

House Heater
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:26:33 PM »
I have a 2008 Patriot Thunder. This morning the bedroom heater would not heat. The other 2 zones provided heat, but the 3rd zone (bedroom) only blew cool/room temp air. Any thoughts on fixing problem? Thanks in advance.
Ron

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
Re: House Heater
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:23:17 AM »
Sounds like the heat pump that circulates the heated glycol thru that register is not working.  Not sure why it would quit working though. I'm not sure if it has a fuse our if it plugs in. I'm sure there is someone on here like Gerald that would know much better than I.
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Jay and Raylene Todd

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 01:03:04 AM »
Each of the zones have their own circulating pump on the Aqua Hot. Check to see if the pump is working. It may need to be replaced.

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 06:16:42 AM »
Follow the electrical leads from the appropriate circulator to a point where you can measure and see if proper voltage is being applied. You can check the voltage vs a working zone pump leads as a refereence.  If you have voltage, tap the pump light to moderately with a suitable non marring hammer or large screw driver handle. It may be just hung up and the jarring should free it. You could also have an air lock at the circulator if there is a leak in that leg. If I remember right you can apply a low psi 5-7lbs through the overflow pipe and it is enough to move the air lock and start the flow if that is the problem. That tip came from Roger Berke. You may want to join his forum to get the best info on this system.

Later Ed