Author Topic: Beaver Monterey Tachometer  (Read 3984 times)

Don Kugle

Beaver Monterey Tachometer
« on: June 21, 2012, 11:10:40 PM »
Have a 95 Beaver Monterey with Magnum Blue Steak chassis.  Tachometer has not worked since we bought coach (about six months ago).  Have reworked the instruments and the tach head checked out ok by my insturnent shop.  Engine is Cat 3100.  Does anyone know if the send signal comes off of the alternator or a separate tach drive unit ?  Anyone else have this failure ?

Bill Sprague

Re: Beaver Monterey Tachometer
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:35:52 AM »
I was a guest and customer at Beaver Coach Sales and Service/Bend Service Center this week.  Ty Kelly, the new owner, took me on a tour that included the parts room.  He showed me a shelf that has thousands of dollars worth of gauges going back many years that came from the spares where your motorhome was built.  He also told me that his shop staff has a collective experience total of about 250+ years of working at building or fixing Beaver motorhomes.  

If you can't find your answer here on the forum, calling them will probably provide it.  

Gerald Farris

Re: Beaver Monterey Tachometer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 05:46:55 AM »
Don,
I have never seen a 1995 Monterey, regardless the dash tachometer feed is from the alternator.

Gerald