Author Topic: Engine Hydraulic System  (Read 4625 times)

Jack Whitmill

Engine Hydraulic System
« on: January 17, 2010, 08:50:29 PM »
Does anyone know, FOR SURE, if Transynd was ever put in to the engine run hydraulic system of 2004 coaches & newer and is it compatable with Dextron III?

Bill Sprague

Re: Engine Hydraulic System
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 01:12:26 AM »
I can say it was not put into my 2004 Beaver Monterey.  Can't say about others, but I doubt if Beaver was in the mood to put in extra cost fluids that year.

The subject was discussed at a Quartzsite round-table.  As I recall the suggestion was that Transcend was a good fluid to use.  It might add to longevity and it might help stop a "pause" in the power steering at low RPM.  I think I recall that the way to change the fluid was to drain the tank, fill it with the new, disconnect the return line, run the engine until the fluid runs clear, and immediately have a helper turn off the engine.  Reattach the return line and then top of the tank with the new.

Gerald, did I get it right?

Gerald Farris

Re: Engine Hydraulic System
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:05:40 AM »
In the coaches that use Dextron III in the hydraulic system (P/S and cooling fan), TranSynd is a preferable subtitute. The procedure that Bill stated is the best, especially when changing a transmisson from Dextron III to TranSynd. But if it is too much trouble or mess, the drain and refill method is acceptable.

Some of the latter model coaches do not use Dextron III, but they use ISO 46 hydraulic oil. In coaches that use 46 weight hydraulic oil, TranSynd is not acceptable.

TranSynd will mix with Dextron III with no problem, but the Dextron III will reduce the benefits of the TranSynd to some extent, therefore it is better to flush the old Dextron III out of the system, but not mandatory.  

Gerald

Gerald  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 05:21:23 AM by 235 »