Author Topic: Water Service Bay (shut off valves)  (Read 6506 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Water Service Bay (shut off valves)
« on: March 15, 2014, 12:00:18 AM »
To All:
        Laura and I had a problem with a valve on our water manifold service panel. It just popped right out of the valve housing. Well Roy Mueller came to the rescue and found a screw on collar that fixed our valve, Thanks Roy. What I want to pass on to All, Laura found a web site that you can buy any part for the valves to repair them, rather than buying an entire valve. The web site is " iplumb.tv " then select " PEX Fittings Flair It Bulk ".You can purchase ANY part of the valve very cheaply. I will also put this info in the Suppliers section.

Larry and Laura
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:35:41 AM by 14 »
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Gary Wolfer

Re: Water Service Bay (shut off valves)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 02:42:23 AM »
I went to that site but could not find a 3 way valve. In my coach you need to build a manifold. IN fact you need to build two manifolds. You need 3 way valves which has one incoming line at the top and an outgoing line at the bottom with one outbound on the side that feeds a certain line say hot water to kitchen sink or hot water to shower. Each area needs a shut off or on valve and they all have to tie from top to bottom so the main waterline can feed all of them. I purchased 3 way valves from BCS and they went together smooth but did not match the holes in the fiberglass board for the waterbay so I have to build a new outside wall. I saw only 2 way valves on the site you suggested. Mine is a 98 Patriot.

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 03:02:21 AM »
Gary:
           Sorry your having trouble finding the valve. There is a three way 1/2" valve, stock # 06916, very reasonably priced. Once your on their web, make sure you select " PEX Fittings Flair It Bulk " and then scroll to the bottom of the page, right side. Hope this helps.

Larry
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
Click here for a three way valve:  http://iplumb.tv/product.aspx?prod=27910

Randy Perry

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 09:11:20 PM »
Well this thread came a little late for me :-/ Had the same problem, called Beaver Coach Sales, they said they have what I needed, ordered (4) at $24 each, have (3) spares now! All that broke was the collar  :-/

Larry Williams

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 01:39:37 AM »
This discussion leads me to a question. I did not get a walk through by a knowledgeable tech when I took delivery of my 2003 Monterey Ventura. People here are talking about 3 way valves in the manifold. I'm not sure how the panel works. Each hot and cold valve has two positions, off and on. And at the bottom is a drain valve for hot and cold. Are the valves set to drain to the drain header when you turn the valve off (so that the line drains)? That sounds logical but the manual says nothing about how this is supposed to work.

The shop winterized my rig with the pink stuff and I am ready to take it out for my first outing. But I want to leave the pink stuff in the washer lines. How do I do that, just leave the valve on and not operate the washer? Or turn it off to isolate the washer lines from the active system? If it drains, that would not work.