Author Topic: Park Bell Alarm  (Read 3447 times)

Bill Schneider

Park Bell Alarm
« on: May 29, 2014, 03:33:10 PM »
I have an intermittent Park Bell Alarm. I have verified no condition exists for the alarm. The symptoms are indicative of a stuck relay contact, but I have sequentially replaced all 4 relays associated with the alarm circuit. I am now suspecting it may be the switch that is part of the parking break actuator. Has anybody in the Forum had this problem and if so, what was the solution?
Thanks,
Bill

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Park Bell Alarm
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:18:49 AM »
I found this.  It might be worth a look...

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24117527/print/true.cfm

This thread dates back to June 2010.  While there is much more at this link to read, here is the final message in the thread.  "This is a common problem with the sensor and it is on it's [sic] way to a complete failure. The sensor is located on the bottom of the air brake release plunger and accessible by removing the panel. It is an easy change out and the sensor can be bought at any truck parts house."
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Bill Schneider

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:49:53 AM »
David,
Thanks for your response and the "Link". The link described my exact problem. As I stated in my original post, I had narrowed the problem down to the switch on the park brake actuator and believed that was my next step, but wanted to find out if anyone else had encountered this problem and their solution. Thanks to your link info, I know I can just replace the switch and don't have to buy the whole actuator assembly.
Thanks again,
Bill

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 01:54:57 AM »
Good luck.  Take note of the part number discussion in the link.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!