Author Topic: FYI -EXTREME SIMPLE GREEN SOURCE  (Read 5657 times)

LEAH DRAPER

FYI -EXTREME SIMPLE GREEN SOURCE
« on: June 20, 2014, 03:44:07 PM »
Have found a source for smaller amounts ( less than 4 gals on amazon.com‚ it is:
http://buy.simplegreen.com/auto

They have 32 oz' spray bottles on sale right now, I just ordered some, must pay shipping out of CA.

Dan Murphy

Re: FYI -EXTREME SIMPLE GREEN SOURCE
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 05:04:17 PM »
Leah
Thanks for the info.
What product,where do you use it and how.
I'm just curious what other Beaver owners have found to use for different applications.

Dan

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 09:57:56 PM »
Dan
I will use it to clean my radiator.  In the past I have just used the regular simple green, but that apparently can harm aluminum (sp) portions of the of the radiator per recent posts on the forum so have found the extreme simple green as indicated.  In  the past I have just sprayed all the areas I could access,let it work a few minutes and them thoroughly wash it off with water.
Then blown out as much remaining water with a yard blower.

Leah

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 10:08:46 PM »
Dan
Further info on
Extreme Simple Green posted by member Joel Ashley:

You can safely use Extreme Simple Green on your radiator followed by a thorough rinse.  But it is not recommended to use the original regular version of Simple Green, which is suspected of not being friendly to aluminum if not completely rinsed off, and it's hard to be sure you get every inner cranny of sandwiched radiators rinsed.  The Extreme version of Simple Green is OK with metals and highly touted by those who should know.

Extreme Simple Green I guess is at janitorial suppliers, but the Motorsports formula apparently is a tad easier to locate.  You should see it at Advance Auto Parts and Pep Boys or a few select spots, but maybe not at NAPA or other places one usually finds regular Simple Green.   http://buy.simplegreen.com/product.php?productid=16142&cat=250&page=1

An alternative is any form of Dawn dish washing liquid, diluted in a spray bottle.  I would not risk using any other brand, such as Joy;  only Dawn's formulas are accepted by most advisories, including Monaco, as mild enough even for coach washing.